LCC London: An update around COVID 19 outbreak
As all customers will undoubtedly understand we are following Public Health England and Government advice closely regarding COVID 19 / Coronavirus. We currently have no plans to close any of our LCC London climbing walls (HarroWall, VauxWest, VauxEast, RavensWall & CroyWall) and we will continue to trade as normal until advice or circumstances change.
At all our centres we ask that you, our customers, help us / Public Health England (PHE) by following the simple advice below:
- Wash your hands frequently as per PHE advice (see BBC News link here) – before and after climbing, toilet breaks.
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze – into a tissue or use your elbow and discard tissue into a bin.
- If you are showing any signs of symptoms of COVID 19 please do self-isolate at home and do not visit a climbing wall.
We all know climbing is good for your health – mentally as well as physically – but missing one or two sessions if you feel in any way ill will not be detrimental to your climbing fitness. Please follow the below PHE advice and please do not visit your local climbing wall if:
- You are experiencing any COVID 19 symptoms – The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of a new continuous cough and/or high temperature. If you have these symptoms, however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- You have been in contact with someone within the last 14 days who has subsequently contracted the virus
- Travelled to one of the affected areas (full list on this link here)
In amongst all the above advice please note that all LCC London Walls are doing the following:
- Advising any staff who show symptoms to self-isolate to stay at home and not come to work
- Cleaning all our areas with increased regularity throughout the day
- Our external cleaning company are continuing to follow best practice when cleaning our centres
As the COVID 19 situation continues to evolve there is an increased likelihood of disruption within our centres / daily lives. We will aim to keep the centre open as normal and advise that you follow our Social Media accounts (VauxWall Facebook / VauxWall Instagram) to keep up to date.
If you have any questions regarding bookings please do contact the individual walls.
We also understand that some people may be more affected than others. If this is you, and you would like to cancel your recurring monthly membership until this period of uncertainty has passed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will sort this before the next billing date. To help you get back into it we will be offering 10% off your first month back with us when you sign back up.
Please remember to be good to each other and follow best practice and advice from Public Health England.